The Judging Process
- The final date for entries is June 23rd 2017
- To enter you must be a member of VFI or LVA
- The awards are judged in three sections. The online written entry is the first round. There will be a shortlist developed for each category in each of seven regions based on the written submissions.
- The second round of judging will include anonymous site visits during August.
- The judges will follow the criteria for each category when judging and will work to a common checklist. There will be no engagement by the judges with the entrants.
- Regional winners in each category will be announced at regional events in late September/early October. All shortlisted entrants will be invited to attend by email. There will be 56 Regional Winners across the eight award categories
- The national winners in each category and the overall winner will be announced at the Gala Awards final in November
- The Judges decision will be final in all instances
The overall award for Irish Pub of the Year will be awarded to the Irish Pub that in the opinion of the judges, demonstrates ‘best in class’ in the areas of, innovation, creativity, ambiance, operational excellence and customer service.
Region 1 – Connaught
Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon
Region 2 – North East
Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan, Louth, Longford and Westmeath
Region 3 – South East
Tipperary, Kilkenny, Waterford and Wexford
Region 4 – Cork
Region 5 – East
Carlow, Kildare, Laois, Offaly, Wicklow and Meath
Region 6 – South West
Kerry, Limerick and Clare
Region 7 – Dublin